Thursday, 4 July 2013

Summer 2013 ~ Out & About

Clockwise from top left:
Gypsies of Bohemia @ Matt&Phred's Jazz bar/Épicerie Ludo/Temple Bar/MCM Expo Manchester/Manchester Macdonald Hotel/Heaton Park/Manchester's Northern Quarter/Blackstone Edge/Stockport Vintage Village/Barn On The Farm/Trof NQ/Cornerhouse

~
As it is my final summer before heading off to uni, I thought I'd make the most of my long summer! Here's a chronological shortlist of what I'll be up to, and music to fittingly accompany each. Expect blog posts for all of them!
~

6th-8th July - Barn On The Farm Festival, Over Farm, Gloucester
A cosy little folk/acoustic festival on a working farm in Gloucestershire headlined by Benjamin Francis Leftwich and Matt Corby. Sunshine, cider, real music, good food, and great company. 


12th July - End of Sixth Form Leaver's Dinner, Macdonald Hotel, Manchester
I'm finally leaving Sixth Form, it's time to don a nice dress and spend one final evening with people I've spent the last 7 years with at a fancy hotel in the city centre. 


20th July - MCM Expo Manchester, GMEX Centre
A meet-up with the International Geek Girl's Pen Pal Club, and a chance for me to discover new films, books, and TV shows, and to have some geeky fun.


31st July - Gypsies of Bohemia gig, Matt&Phred's, Manchester
These guys are a brilliant jazz group who play gypsy jazz versions of modern hits. Matt&Phred's is a Northern Quarter institution, a chic jazz bar with a mellow vibe.


1st-3rd July - Dublin
It's a family tradition to have a short trip to Dublin on 18th birthdays, so I'll be enjoying Guinness and folk tunes in Dublin's famous Temple Bar. What could be a better birthday present?


6th August - 18th Birthday Celebrations, Trof NQ, Manchester
After being the youngest in my year for what seems like forever, I can finally drink legally! I mean, I will be responsible. Out for cocktails at my favourite restaurant in Manchester's Northern Quarter with my besties.


Mid-August - Picnictime, Heaton Park, Manchester
August is the only time that England gets close to summery. I shall go to Épicerie Ludo in Chorlton, get some baguettes, cheese, and ham, and relax in the sun on acres of green.


Late August - Camping, Lancashire
Living in a rural area is great for adventure. My best friend and I will spend a week on the hills, galavanting about like sheep.


8th September - The Vintage Village's 3rd Birthday Bash, Stockport
Held in a Victorian covered market hall, this is my favourite vintage fair, and is a great day out for vintage finds and lovely food & people. I've bought many a dress from here.



No comments:

Post a Comment