Wednesday, 7 August 2013

06082013



~

As of 00:45am on the 6th of August 2013, I am 18 years old!
Being the youngest in my year is ridiculously annoying, so now I can do everything my friends do, like pay taxes and vote. (Those are things that 18-year-olds do, right...?)

I have spent most of my 18 years looking decidedly braindead vacant. (dress from Minimum Mouse)

~

Being old and wizened, there's nothing I really wanted, so I just got what any girl would want: shoes and perfume!
These are the Dr Martens Isabel shoe, from the Windsor collection, which apparently 'has been influenced by the understated style of the English countryside', which is totally fine with me. They had my size (9) in the sale, reduced from £125 to £65 (awwww yissssss), so I politely asked for them. They're T-Bars shoes made up of Navy Nubuck leather with a cream sole, and they're super comfy. The third child in my Dr Martens family. I adore Dr Martens because of the timeless style of each pair and the perfect quality. Oh and they're super cute and vintage-y.
Forgoing my usual Chanel or Thierry Mugler, this is 'Jeanne' by Lanvin, named after the founder of the fashion house. I actually first smelled this from a sample, and fell in love with it. It's youthful, fruity, and delicate. Unfortunately, it is fairly difficult to find, but somehow it appeared! I'm not one for fancy packaging, but this is so elegant.

~

The best thing by far was the amazing cake that my darling mother got me. Oh boy.
'Le Petit Prince' is one of my favourite books, and holds a dear place in my heart. I own three copies - an English one, a French one, and one that my English Literature A Level teacher gave me as a goodbye present (describing it as a 'packed lunch for the journey' and instructing me to read it to my children in the future, wahhh) and is a beautiful edition (also in English). Moreover, I studied the book and its author Antoine de Saint-Exupéry for my French A2 Level Cultural Topic, so I will always associated this book with a time where I got my confidence and started to feel like I actually could speak French well. I would recommend this book to anyone, as its universal themes will stay with you forever and it's a delightful little story.
Also the cake was delicious. (note the 'Limited Edition' on the side!)

~

Anyway, I spent most of the day at my favourite antiquarian bookshop or at home eating chocolates, and I spent the evening at my eldest brother's for dinner.

~

You never feel any older on the actual day of your birthday. Maybe in a month or two I'll start telling people that I'm an adult. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment